Enter your email address:

 Or Subscribe in a reader

Delivered by FeedBurner

Most Read Posts
1. Ladakh Photo Diary 2
2. My Short Stories
3. Godan Book Review
4. A rare day when I find myself early...
5. He has been given the red light on the top anyway...

The Better India


written by Dhimant Parekh on Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Socrates: Hence, as you should have inferred by now, that statement remains the biggest lesson in life. The final truth. Plato (to himself): What?! I missed listening to the final truth! I missed out on the biggest lesson in life?! All because I was paying attention to that girl with the long skirt? Damn. Socrates: Now I expect you to spread that message to all other disciples. I am going in for my private study. Plato: What the...spread the message?? Plato (in front of disciples): So, there you have it, that was the final truth. Disciples (wondering to themselves): What?! We missed out on the final truth! All because we were paying attention to that girl in the medium-sized skirt? Damn. Plato (in front of the disciples): Now I expect you to spread that message to all others. That is how, ladies and gentlemen, philosophy evolved. And skirt sizes, if you noticed, became shorter.

4 Comments:

Blogger eV said...

Profound!

1:00 PM  
Blogger LeggyLeggedLass said...

Vintage Dhi Only One!! I loved this post.

1:44 PM  
Blogger sudeep said...

He who laughs hasnt been told the terrible truth.....

Thats the reality of life , Dhi Only One ;-)


I guess Plato was a happy man !

5:55 PM  
Blogger chiranth said...

So, who was Socrates staring at?

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home